ARTISTS OF THE 2022 PPAA FALL ART SHOW


 

Hildy Smith

"Here are a few I’m putting in the show:  the first two are of our northern lakes, and the last one of Lakeview Lavender Farm on Scugog Island.  Average size is 18 x 24 on gallery canvas painted in acrylic."




Lynne Rempel

"This is one of the paintings I’m planning to hang at the November show. The reference photo is from a picture I took last fall from our boat on Lake Scugog."



Sam Hall 

"My name is Sam.  I’ve been painting since I took lessons in college in the UK.
I got the painting bug again during the pandemic where I held a weekly art session with my family to keep them entertained. My husband and I now paint regularly.
I paint in acrylics mainly and love to leave a texture and movement in my pieces.
I get inspiration from visits to the zoo, forests and wandering my local habitat."

https://www.facebook.com/Busybutterfingers




Karen Doran

Karen has a very eclectic painting style, encompassing watercolour, acrylic and mixed media. Her work varies from impressionistic to abstracted images to non-objective contemporary pieces.

Karen transitioned from a long & varied career in the Health Sciences to Art and design approximately 12 years ago when she started her own interior design company and took her first art class. She has since attended courses at the Haliburton School of Art and several workshops with prominent artists in Europe.

Karen has held several solo shows at the Kathleen McKay Art Centre, Markham and at the Markham Flato Theatre.

Karen recently moved to the Port Perry area and her 20 acre heritage property. It is this closeness to nature and extensive travels that inspire her art. 

Karen joined the PPAA in 2021 and is looking forward to her second group show.

Underwater 28”x22” acrylic on canvas


Rhonda Gorge, Spain 30”x48” acrylic/mixed media on canvas


Lauren Walker 

I'll be featuring some piece from my "Old and New: Buildings of Port Perry" Series.

"Port Perry Railway 1871" 24x36

"Port Perry United Church" 18x24

https://www.facebook.com/artistwithin86


Kelly Olsen


Debbie Bateman 


"This painting is titled Old Mill Road 24 by 36 original oil on canvas. Just love driving the back roads and finding these kinds of treasured old homes!"



We look forward to seeing you at the show!