Artists of the Spring Show June 2022: Hildy Smith

 




        I have been working in my studio almost every day through out the pandemic and it has been a saving grace for me.  I can escape into a world not filled with Covid!  I have been fortunate to have some commissions as well.  The Port Perry Waterfront painting was made into prints for a fundraiser for our hospital. A total of $10,000 was raised and that took up a lot of my time during the lockdowns.

 

 I am predominately a landscape artist and don’t often stray too far from that as that is where I am comfortable.  I have been painting for over 60 years and have tried other mediums and techniques but always come back to landscape.  I paint in acrylics now rather than oils as I like the quick drying time and cleanup.  They have come a long way in the past couple of decades.

     

         

  
I am drawn to the contrast of light and dark in my paintings and like bold colours.  Mood is  always  important for me to convey and I try to make the viewer want to feel they could step  into the world  I paint on the canvas.  I sometimes paint a still life floral but mostly just add  lovely flowers into my landscapes.

        I am going to enter some small and some larger works in the show and am looking forward to mixing with other artists and being inspired by their talent.  I don’t have a website as I’m not particularly proficient with technology but I do have a Facebook page.

                            It’s Hildy H.Smith - Artist where I post most of my work


Join Hildy along with other talented members of the

 PPAA at our Spring Show June 11th & 12th at Scout Hall.