Artists of the Autumn Show: Jindra Cadil

"My mom standing on the beach, it has sentimental attachment"

How long have you been involved with the PPAA?

10 years

When did you first fall in love with art?

I was 4 years old when my grandfather let me paint flowers on his painting. I didn’t start to paint until much, much later.

 

What is your background in art? (Formally trained or self taught)

I am basically self-taught. Through the past 15 years, I took many workshops and a few classes from professional instructors.

 

What courses would you recommend any aspiring artist take? (Perhaps describe a course you’ve taken that has helped to sharpen your skills)

I would say that every course will teach you something.

 

How would you describe your artistic style and who influences you the most?

I don’t think I have specific style, it depends on my mood. I go from realistic to imaginary or abstract.

 

What medium do you prefer to use and why?

I like oil but use it only when doing Plein Air outside on my porch. In my inside studio, I only use acrylics.

 

What can we look forward to seeing from you in the Fall Art Show?

My biggest solo painting 48x32 which is of the Public Gardens from Halifax. I made a bigger painting  which was 8 by 5 feet but it was three person effort.

 

What advice would you offer to a beginner just starting out?

Paint, paint, paint!

 See Jindra and other artists of the PPAA at our upcoming Autumn Show November 13th-14th