Artists of the Autumn Show: Sharon Bulmer

 


How long have you been involved with the PPAA?

I joined PPAA in March, 2005

 

When did you first fall in love with art?

I have always loved art, starting at a very early age sketching just about everything I saw.

 

 What is your background in art? (Formally trained or self taught)

I would say I am basically a self taught artist.  I have taken a few weekend courses with other artists in oil, and watercolour.

 

What courses would you recommend any aspiring artist take? (Perhaps describe a course you’ve taken that has helped to sharpen your skill)

I would recommend taking some beginners classes in the medium of your choice.  This gives you a starting point to begin developing your own style.


How would you describe your artistic style and who influences you the most?

I am not sure I have an artistic style, I paint in oil, watercolour, fluid acrylic and folk art.  For a time I also did pen and ink drawings.

 

What medium do you prefer to use and why?

Oil is my medium of choice because I have developed a particular way of blending the oils that can not be accomplished with any other medium.

 

What can we look forward to seeing from you in the Fall Art Show?

This year you will probably see a lot of folk art and fluid acrylic.


What advice would you offer to a beginner just starting out?

Choose one medium that you are particularly interested in and get good at it.  Then you can start thinking about expanding your portfolio to other mediums.

 

You can look forward to seeing Sharon Bulmer's Work at the upcoming  Autumn Show!